Pages

Friday 20 January 2017

MAC Pink and Orange Lip Swatches


Following on from my previous post this is my second instalment of my lipsticks. This time it is concentrating on pink and orange shades. Like I said last time my absolute all time favourite lip shade would be a nude. I just think it is perfect from day to night. When it comes to pinks and oranges I do tend to stay away. This is mainly due to being so pale (MAC NC15) I just think that they wash me out but these are the ones currently in my collection. All lip swatches are taken with MAC Subculture Lip Pencil underneath.
(Top to Bottom: MAC Subculture Lip Pencil, MAC Pervette, MAC Politely Pink, MAC Crème De La Femme, MAC Fresh Moroccan)
 
 
1. Pervette
 

 One of my absolute favourites. I use this one every single day. Given my job I cannot get away with wearing bright lip stick for work so this one I finds gives me a nice subtle pink colour which isn't too strong. I also love this one when it is paired over the top of other lipsticks. It glides on smoothly over the lips and just looks amazing for a day look.

2. Politely Pink


Another very subtle pink shade. You can probably sense a theme coming on. Definitely has more colour pay off than Pervette and is a typical pink colour. It is very sheer in comparison to other pink lipsticks but is perfect for everyday use. I would say it is more suited for lighter skin tones as I doubt it would show up too well on darker skin tones.

3. Crème De La Femme
 
This one is definitely more your typical pink shade and honestly I'm not too sure on it. I literally think this may be too "pink" for me.  It's not that it washes me out or anything I just think that due to my love of nudes (yes I know I need to stop going on about it) this is too bright for me (I am very aware this is not a bright colour.) Kinda think I need to stick to more of the subtle pinks that this one but I am sure on other people it will look amazing.

4. Fresh Moroccan
 
 Literally the only orange lip stick I owe and have ever owned. I'll be honest when I first thought of orange lip sticks I kept thinking this is never going to suit me. I don't hate it at all in fact I kind of like it. It is not my favourite and whether I would pick it over my more favourite lipsticks I am unsure however for a nice pop of colour every now and again (in summer it would be perfect) I think it is great. Would really look good with a crisp white shirt and denim shorts while on holiday.

What are your favourite lip sticks?

- LMH x

No comments:

Post a Comment